We must select a global theme that best reflects our essay topic. The themes are as follows:
- Science, technology and society
- Culture, language and identity
- Conflict, peace and security
- Equality and inequality
- Health and development
- Environmental and/or economic sustainability
Immediately I am thinking that the second theme - culture, language and identity - are the core of my essay. My entire essay is discussing language and rhetoric's effect on society and therefore culture, examining the seeming complacency of United States citizens; relating to identity. To me, it seems to perfectly encapsulate my question.
The other questions are otherwise related but still off point I think. The third point in particular seems to have some relevance in the fact that it discusses global foreign affairs and the idea of conflict along with it's questioning of US security. However I remain convinced that the essence of my essay remains in the idea of language and rhetoric, making the second theme much more appropriate.
No comments:
Post a Comment